Blog: Next New

A suggestion for a new type of "New Media" that doesn't currently exist would be a fully integrated augmented reality contact lens with the capability to communicate and have all the essential functions of social media and networking. While I do not have an answer on how this is feasible in the near future, I do know of products like Google glass that aims to do similar things. The idea is more along the lines of wearable technology that is not so much of an inconvenience as glasses and watches but something more integrated with a person like an embedded chip and contacts. I think augmented reality is making big leaps year after year, and it might not be too farfetched of an idea in the future. I think it'll be very cool to be able to control things like receiving messages and calls with your eyes, taking pictures and recording what you see without having to take a phone or camera out.

Comments

  1. Hi Richard,

    Your idea reminds me of a Black Mirror episode I watched earlier last year. Although it would be cool to possess such a form of technology, it would also be scary to see it possibly panning through the way it had in the episode (name I cannot remember) that I'm referring to. Let's just hope for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I think your idea is creative. I have a question though. Is it only contact lens? Will they produce glasses or other forms of wearable technology? I personally prefer glasses than contacts because I refuse to insert things into my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea is similar to mine! We both agree that virtual reality is the next step necessary to innovate social media: It's the next technological advancement on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Richard,
    I also suggested a similar concept regarding virtual reality where we could use a more convenient gear that is affordable for more people to try out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea. I tried out the Google glasses in the past and I really enjoyed them. I do think it would be a little creepy to have something like a contact lense because I would still prefer something wearable like glasses or a watch, but that's just me. I like your idea of simplicity in this new media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment