Creativity and New Media

How does new media foster creativity?

I define new media, as technology leveraging the Internet's mass community, to attract collaboration and communication. Creativity on the other hand, means a lot of things: original, imaginative, valuable, intangible, physical.
 
I chose to express my creativity using new media by creating my own blog (outside of this class and class related assignments). I am able to publish my own thoughts, in my own domain (where I designed the logo), and have the ability to have a space for discussion. I think it embodies new media fostering creativity as I would not have the opportunity to do as easily traditionally!

Everyone check it out!
http://hanorchard.com/

Comments

  1. Hi Donghyun,

    I too enjoy physical aspect of old media as new media is bombarded with contents. I think as information is widely available from the New Media, it creates a lot of information wastes. These wastes would only decrease our productivity. Since the content from old media is more limited, we would actually focus more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media is meant for self expression and I think you're killing the game! Your blog is very aesthetically pleasing and I can get more insight into what you're like. Self expression and creativity were very well displayed in your blog, your form of social media usage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment